Established in 1969, Peter Harrington has become one of the leading rare books firms in the world.
With a stock of fine books from the fifteenth to twentieth centuries in a broad range of subjects, in the past few years we have sourced and sold such outstanding items as:
- James Joyce, Ulysses, one of 100 copies on Dutch paper, in the original wrappers
- Shakespeare first folio, 1623
- Samuel de Champlain’s very rare Les Voyages du Sieur de Champlain Xaintongeois (Paris, 1613), a pioneering work in ethnography with the first accurate mapping of the New England coast
- Virginia Woolf’s pocket engagement diaries for eight years including that for the final year of her life
- The publisher’s copy of Mark Twain’s Huckleberry Finn: “the first copy ever bound”, with a unique autograph draft of Clemens’s unused dedication